Mezu International Foundation (MIF) completed its August 2019 Medical Mission activities with a free 4 hour long health seminar and workshop attended by about 200 health care professionals (medical doctors, optometrists, nurses, lab technicians), other professionals (engineers, lawyers, teachers), academicians (professors and clinical students from Abia State University School of Optometry), members of the Rotary Club Owerri and members of the general public, attending from Imo, Abia and Enugu States. Sincere thanks to our wonderful MIF family of volunteers who have given of their time so selflessly and compassionately during our week-long medical mission activities. You are all amazing!
Three lectures were delivered on the following topic areas:
- Neonatal Resuscitation by Dr. Olachi Mezu-Ndubuisi
- Opioid Overdose Response, Naloxone Administration, as well as Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR), and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) Training by Dr. Nina Mezu-Nwaba
- Review of Common Eye Diseases (such as cataracts, glaucoma and dry eyes) by Dr. Kelechi Mezu-Nnabue.
After the lectures, attendees participated in hands-on simulations using manikins with light indicators for neonatal, pediatric, and adult CPR/AED training and naloxone administration, as well as an ocular diagnostic station for healthcare professionals to practice use of equipment for retinal exams, a portable slit lamp, tonopens for measuring intraocular pressure, and contact lens education, etc.
All attendees received certificates of participation and continuing education credits.
Symposium Gallery & Slideshow
Thank you to our Sponsors, Volunteers, Partners
- Mezu International Foundation Medical Center (MIFMC), Imo State, Nigeria
- Aqua Vision Care, Pikesville, Maryland USA
- University of Wisconsin (UW) Health Emergency & Education Center USA
- Rotary Club of Owerri, Imo State, Nigeria
- Abia State University, School of Optometry, Uturu, Nigeria
- Federal University of Technology, School of Optometry, Imo State
For more information about the humanitarian services of Mezu International Foundation, please visit: www.mezufoundation.org